Re: Monkey Business has a secret God Mode, but nobody has spoken of it

Well, I did buy the game with  my own key, mostly to support the developers. I couldn't buy it when I was a young lad 13 years ago, but now with a job and working life, this is not unfair to do. With Monkey Business, none of the cheats were made official, so it's also entirely possible that they didn't end up adding the function and it's just stored there because it's there. There are lots of scanning tools which one could use that I would doubt be considered illegal. These include memory-scanning tools (thing: Cheat engine, others which can copy part of the application in a dump and then analyze it for info, etc) - mostly because you are not decompiling the code back to its original format. You're simply scanning the binary output of that code and grabbing any strings you may find in its copy, or scanning memory for specifically-programmed information and values/ variables which are set. To me this is very different from someone who de-Obfuscates and tries to go after the actual written code to either modify or patch that file, or do other malicious intent. Getting cheats out of games which may have had them but for whatever reason the game is less supported and you no longer have the playability of a community or possibly the support from the actual manufacturers for some games. Now, I may be able to contact Draconis and find out if they have any info on a cheat dialog. I'm just not sure how well they do respond, although they just took my monkey business order today, so I'm hopeful that if the forum can't, maybe those developers can provide that info.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : martsales via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : necrozma via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector