Re: does anyone have deathmatch a new beginning surver

Hey all,
So I just started working on this thing today, code named project space for the time being. I have a couple questions for you guys.
Which movement stile would you prefer in a game like this, side scrolling or topdown? Right now my framework supports the former, though this can be changed if necessary. Also, should this extend to space as well or would you rather space be 3D, or simply topdown with no Z axes at all?
My space system isn't fully coded yet, but here's how I think I'll probably do it. Rather than having different sectors, space will essentialy be one huge area. Anything from X 0 to about 1000 will be in local space, while 10000 + will probably be out of communications range if I ever add such a thing. If space ends up being topdown or 3D, these figures will apply on the Y axes as well, probably...
Ships will have a sensor range, and an object will have to be within this range in order for it to be navigated too using auto pilot. You will also be able to autopilot to a specific set of coordinates from anywhere, and I'll probably add a jump drive to one of the higher end ships which would make the ship do a massive jump in the specified direction which would hopefully make getting in and out of locals a little quicker.
Thoughts so far? I rather like the idea of a fully 2D space system myself, it would be something different anyway, but at the same time I'm not sure if that would make navigation too easy / boring.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Serpent via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Farhad Ali Bhatti via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Farhad Ali Bhatti via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector