Re: Orca Remote: an Orca plugin that makes it work with NVDA Remote

Nice job on this, and good luck.

I spent a couple days last summer hacking on something similar. With a bit of help from the remote devs, I managed to get basic layout dependent, one-way speech independent control working between mac OS and windows.
I ultimately through it to the side, though, when I experienced first hand the difficulty of dealing with low-level event APIs (thanks apple) and making a mapping that wouldn't break with different locales.
Plus they continue to lock mac OS down more and more with every release so I feel fairly confident in not banking on the functionality of these APIs for more than the next year or two anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : vortex1024 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : vortex1024 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector