Re: Galactic Colonies: Public accessible alpha version available

This is a bug that apparently affects some devices, and not others, I found This redit post, which mentions it.

When I originally installed both the standard 1.24, and test flight 1.25 versions of the game, the research timer, and indeed all other game timers would only work when the ap was actually on screen.
What I mean is, I'd set an eight hour research project going, play for half an hour and the timer would say I had seven and a half hours to go, then I'd close the ap, or watch an add video, and when I looked again, the timer would be back at the full 8 hours. This also meant I couldn't get any of the daily login rewards bonuses, or even switch to another ap and let my colony just produce.
I could just about get around this by turning on screen curtain, muting my phone and leaving galactic colonies running over night, but this was not an ideal solution, especially when research times got over 8 hours.

This bug was believed to have been solved in the latest version 1.27, and sure enough, when I started I could set research going, close the ap, and open and the timer would be at the same time.
However, I thought it rather odd that 8 hours after my research completes, I get no notifications that it was finished. I check the ap and it now says I have something like 1256 hours to go..

That's where it is at now, it says I have several thousand hours of research time to go, which for all intents and purposes makes all research utterly and completely impossible, also, still no  daily login bonuses either.

this combined with struggles with the map is why I'm leaving my game on hiatus for now, since playing is a wee bit more frustrating than fun at the second, though hopefully the bugs will be fixed in a version or two, and the accessibility will get better.