Re: urban legends

There is a common legend told to children in Mexico. It's called La Llorona.
The story tells of a married woman whose husband fell out of love with her. The two, the woman and her husband, had two children. There are some variations, but the common one is that her husband cheated on her, leading her to drown their children out of spite. She then proceeds to drown herself. She is said to roam rivers in Mexico, in search of her children.
There is also an interesting one that comes from the city in which I grew up in Texas. It is said that a train ran into a school bus one evening, killing about 10 children. Some drivers tell of experiences in which they find themselves on the train tracks in which the accident took place, and if they would turn off their vehicle for a moment, the drivers would feel forces pushing against their vehicle, seemingly away from the train tracks. When the drivers examine their vehicles some time later, they tell of hand prints being seen, presumably from the ghostly children that roam the tracks.
Edit:
Oh, and another one I forgot to mention is an account told to me by one of my family members, who lives in Mexico. Keep in mind, I'm generally skeptical about some of these things, but that doesn't mean they're not fun to listen to. smile
Anyway, my family member was traveling down a desolate road one night, when all of a sudden, he encountered a young woman. This young woman was in the most unlikely of places. My family member stopped to ask if she was lost and needed help. The young woman replied she did, and that she was trying to get home.
My family member gave her a ride to her supposed home and dropped her off without getting out of his vehicle. He went home for the night, good deed in hand for the day. He got the idea the next day to return to the young woman's home to make sure she arrived safely. My family member arrived at her house, and came face-to-face with her father. My family member asked her father if the young woman, his daughter, was fine. The father told him that his daughter had died a year ago, and that she never made it home.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JasonBlaze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahedee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahedee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector