Re: Does anyone on here (sighted or not) enjoy shooting?

@16 I agree for the most part about actual firearms but honestly a lot of this comes down to common sense as a blind person not to be an idiot. Theirs a reason why I'm with someone who can see around me whenever I do use it, mostly because it's a backyard and we don't have a fence. Guns are tools. Sure advances in firearms technologies were stimulated to a large degree by the war economy but do you really think the guy putting the guns together in the factories, or sketching designs are like "Yeah, this is one mean murder machine." No. Come on now.. And if I'm being honest with you I'm more worried about a mentally ill person shooting off a gun more than a blind person. Blind people can still be self-aware and take their lack of vision into account when shooting. But if I wanted to go into my wide open, unfinished basement, get a cheap ass beeper speaker and put it in a box, cover it with some bags to protect it and put tape some paper down onto it, and take potshots at it, who's gonna stop me?
What if this was a knife? A knife is intended to cut things. Whether they're human or not is another thing. Before guns people were swinging swords on each other. Blindy can't use knife now? Yeah a knife doesn't shoot projectiles, no shit. But who treats their motorcycle like a bicycle?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector