Seeking good labeling system for pantry/freezer

Hey folks,

So far, I've done fairly well just knowing what I have in my pantry. I'm trying to get smarter about grocery shopping in lockdown, though, which will likely involve filling a deep freezer with items that will be difficult to identify once frozen. Can anyone recommend a good labeling system?

I'd love to go old school and get a Braille labeler, but the modern gun I have is garbage. There seems to be a $600 or so gadget for printing Braille labels, but that's way too much. So I'm nixing Braille unless I'm missing a good low-cost option.

independentliving.com has WayAround, which appear to be assorted NFC-based tags with different attachments. These seem like the best option, but I'm open to others. Needs to be able to handle both pantry and freezer use, so both extreme temperatures and moisture are going to be issues.

Thanks for any pointers.