Re: Sable Alpha is here!–free to download for Public alpha testing!

Hi everyone,

@ Bryan P, with the character music /theme, I guess this would be possible, you could use the event trigger on NPC’s to have a cut scene play when you first meet them, or use the sound bites option to add a sound bite to the TTS speech. Thanks for the extra information regarding the success message being spoken after being defeated in battle and returning  to the main menu, that helps hugely and I  should be able to fix that. Regarding  your longsword no stat information issue, I think the best way for me to diagnose that issue is if I could see the project myself, would you be able to email me the project folder to i...@ebonskystudios.com?regarding your upgrading weapon question, ironically that’s the second time I’ve been asked that question in less than an hour, its not possible in Sable at present, I was actually trying to think of mechanics/methods of implementing something like that in future versions. What do you think about an event trigger which would take a current item the player has (the white cane in your example ) and would swap it for another weapon (the more powerful staff in your example). Although as creators we would know it is a separate weapon, to the player since the old weapon disappears it would seem the weapon had been upgraded. What do you think?
-Talking about different levels on maps. Did everyone know that if you make smaller map  sizes you can have taller maps? The 100 x100 x 2 limit for the alpha public release  allows 20,000 tiles in total, how you use those is your own choice, so you could have for example a 50 x 50 x 8 map, since that’s still less than the 20,000 total tile limit allowed in the public Alpha version. hope that makes sense.
-    @threeblindnoises, thanks for the suggestion, that’s a really good idea
-    Patrick, if you could maybe email me the project folder to i...@ebonskystudios.com I could take a look. Regarding your healing question, if this is an event trigger, you just need to set it as a preserved trigger, this means it can be used over and over again, if you set it as a single trigger it will only work once. If placing a event trigger on a NPC or merchant, since you have to choose after which line of speech the event trigger fires you need to remember that the NPC will only speak some lines of speech once. So if you want the event trigger to work multiple times its best placed on there final  line of speech, since they will continue to speak this line of speech every time you speak with them, so the event trigger if set to preserved will also fire each time. Hope that makes sense.
-    @dungeon diver, really pleased you are having so much fun with Sable, hope I get to maybe see a video of your finished test game. I did send you some extra info regarding stats to you via email since you were asking about stats a few posts back, hope that helps. Regarding writing, that’s a really kind offer, we are ok on writers at present, but I’ll store your details if that’s ok in case we do ever need to take on further writers. Don’t worry for anyone reading my dodgy grammar or spelling, I’m nothing to do with the story writing side of  everything hahaha.
-    Jason Blaze, there isn’t that exactly, but for NPC’s which don’t set quests you can give them as many voice/TTS lines as you like, so rather than giving them a single huge speech line  you could  give them lots of little ones so it was more broken up like  in manimun.
-    Scarlet, can I ask how are you giving the player the nonphysical key? Is it as the event trigger reward item, or as a key item rewarded after a battle? Also are you running the latest version of Sable which I uploaded last night? Also not sure if you saw it but I also posted a video on creating different quests in Sable up on  our YouTube Channel last night.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PatrykK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PatrykK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Scarlet via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PatrykK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AnamLion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector