Re: Are the little synth from modal electronics accessible?

Well, actually I recall that some years ago there was this thing called the ProteusVX, basically a multitimbral vst with quite a library of sample-based sounds - "also works as a standalone application". As it was a limited version of a bigger commercial product, editing of those sounds was quite slimmed down, but basically it worked. Soundwise that's more of a 90s-2000s type of sound. If you even manage to find it nowadays, there might be problems getting it to work on modern windows systems, but it still might be possible with some trickery or just luck. I actually have an archive of it on my harddrive, so if somebody is really desperate to find this, just give me a note, but please don't send pms on the forum system, as that just makes my head hurt never understanding if it actually works or not, so please send a regular e-mail instead.