Re: why do we fear the blind?

If there's anything I've learned from the internet, it's that people can read the exact same text and understand it in diametrically opposed ways.

For example, in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Ms. Fig testifies that squibs can see Dementors, then proceeds to give such a querky account of an event that Harry concludes she's lying. Quite a few people on the internet took Ms. Fig's word for it anyway.

I mention this, only because the "blind are cursed by God" mentality is addressed in the New Testament, and I read it as debunking that belief. Apparently, these people disagree. (John9:1-3).

I get the impression that people see blindness as the most salient detail about the person, so usually get stuck on that. In the US, we have a lot of people terrified of offending people by using a disability as a means of starting a discussion. I wonder if a "You can ask; I won't bite" T-shirt would accomplish a nything? ... Assuming people didn't read it as saying "You can't ask; I do bite".

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shuteye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Chandu via Audiogames-reflector