Re: BGT Download Link

Good evening,

Just a heads up to let you all know that I asked the people behind the audiogame archive to remove BGT fairly recently. The reason for this is that I want to minimize its continued distribution. Since I neither intend to update nor answer any support questions about it, it is not a suitable tool for any new development efforts. Naturally there will always be people hosting it in random places, and I neither can nor wish to try to prevent that. But with a larger site like the Audiogame Archive, I want to make a clear statement by removing BGT from it. Hosting abandonware games is one thing, that does not cause any damage to anyone. But hosting a development tool with serious known issues is a different proposition altogether. The audio game archive is a great resource, but it should not promote the continued use of a tool that has the potential to cause serious issues for future developers, no matter the severity of the accompanying disclaimer. I know that some of you will continue to use it no matter what, and that's OK. I have made my position as clear as I possibly can, and I will leave it at that.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall