Re: how far have we really taken these rules on the forum!

Ok. What has me concerned is this,
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3356 … -wants-it/
A harsh approach was taken with the mac vertual machine topic; I get why. However look at the link posted above... Uh... Isn't this piracy as well, or not? Remember, windows needs a valid product key, even if it was a valid product key, if it was the key of the user who bought windows... Still piracy. And if it was not the key of the originally purchaced copy of windows... Still piracy. This is not a valid argument;but playing the devil's advocate for a bit... Given windows 7 has become unsopported, my whole argument could be nonevalid as given windows 7, if that's the os beeing used on said vm; given how its no longer supported might in-fact make this legal and valid, although I highly doubt it. Back to it though.    My question is, why the harsh approach to the mac vertual machine topic,   however, erm, there was no, harsh or similar approach to this topic. Why? I mean I reason its 1: We are all human, we all mess up, and this topic was overlooked by accident, which might well be the case or, 2: something else is going on and it was overlooked on purpose. I mean,  if the approach on the mac vm topic was harsh, shouldn't the same thing have been true in the case of the topic above? Just some food for thought.
On another note, i'll be blunt. Sound effects copyright are completely different than music copyright. Mind you, i'm not saying go and download illegal sounds, i'm just making a point. Sound effects copyright is hard to prove, as, 1: Anyone with the knowledge can modify said sound, making some new sound, etc, thus making it his, and, 2: given the reason above, even if one where to have the origional source files or the recorded sound, said sound was already used to create something new that wasn't there before. Now, if one uses the normal sound without doing anything to it, just using the sound as is... That's another, matter,however it is still practicly impossible to prove that, o, I recorded said sound. What i'm getting at is, sound effects and music copyright are two totally different animals. They are not related. To put bluntly; you cannot copyright individual sounds, you can only copyright say, a group of sounds, however given anyone with the knowledge that edits those sounds into something new, etc, does so, brings us back to square 1. Is it right  to get illegal sounds? Fuck yes, it shouldn't be done, however the rules of copyright are different than music copyright rules. Let me give you an example. One of you goes to my freesound page, downloads a sound of mine which I recorded. If you use the sound, just as is, with no modification whatsoever, then yes, you would need to credit me. Why? Because you are still using the same original recording, without modification. However, if you took my sound, made something new, a new sound, or made something as small as say, adding echoes and some distortion making it sound different and not what it originally sounded like, that sound, that newly made sound, is yours. The original  sound is still mine, but I cannot say, o, you used this sound to make this new sound, i'm gunna sue you⋅  Why? Because the sound is no longer what I recorded originally, its something other than the sound I originally recorded.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : marko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector