Re: Leviathan Chronicles Season 3 is here!

I realize I'm late to the party, but I really object to cartertemm's heavy handedness in his moderation. True it's only a warning, but allowing such frivolous warnings to go sets a precedent, especially when they're set against the stark community failure of the rest of the posters in the offending topic by being extremely offensive and rude, rather than politely pointing out the lack of spoilers and leaving it at that.

Guidelines wrote:

You will not face punishment for failing to adhere to our guidelines unless you are doing so repeatedly for a prolonged period of time.

Does Simba's refusal to modify a single topic's title in this topic constitute repeated offenses? Are we now holding guidelines as official rules? I thought guidelines were, you know, just guidelines.

Rules wrote:

5. Please consider others when you post. While some users do not mind having game details discussed at length, others do not want their experience spoiled. As such, we ask that you clearly mark any game info that could constitute a spoiler with some sort of text which denotes it as such.

The rules page clearly state that "we ask", not that "we require". This is a guideline for courtesy and consideration -- it is not written as a mandate.

If we take a look at the available BB codes, we see that they don't even have a spoiler tag, which further reinforces the idea that spoilers aren't as important as people are blowing the issue up to be.

I'm personally protesting any warnings or reprisals that might've been granted to and directed at the original poster, simply on merit of documentation and implementation. There are no true facilities to be able to hide text behind a spoiler tag. There are no actual rules, just a guideline request. There is no reason, therefore, that the original poster should've received so much vitriol from some of the posters in this topic, a few of whom I would have supposed had the maturity to refrain from lashing out at the original post in the manner they chose.

If this is going to be the new norm where we can be reprimanded for "guidelines" and not "rules", and where it's perfectly ok for community members to express hostility towards another poster without themselves receiving any kind of correction, then this forum is probably no longer the kind of place I wish to frequent.

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector