Re: being admin of a tt server, any tips?

Hi.
As someone with my own TeamTalk server, I have picked up a few things that I think can help you.
1. When creating channels, there are a few things you want to do.
A. Make sure to click the permanent channel stored on server option, otherwise your channels will not save.
B. If you have file sharing, there's a field that asks you for a max quota for each channel. In this field, type 9999999999. If you don't do this, people won't be able to upload files unless they're admins.
C. In the audio channels, switch it from mono to stereo, and in the bitrate field, enter 128000. You can create an LQ channel if people keep dropping.
2. On this one, I'm speaking entirely from experience. Whatever you do, do not, and I really mean do not use the same password for your admin account that you use on another server. So for example, let's say my server was account based, and you had an account up there. You would not want to use the same password for your admin account on your server that you have on mine, because anyone could easily sign into your account and entirely screw your server over.
3. When giving people admin, manually go through and check off options. Although it may seem easy just to set the user type to admin and call it done, never do this. You don't want one of your admins going in and deleting accounts.
4. Give each user the ability to send broadcast messages. At times this may be a little spammy, but sometimes it can be convenient if someone needs to get a message to you or another admin.
Hope this helps you, and feel free to ask more questions. I'll do my best to answer them