Re: Crazy party sound sourcing

Heh, modernize the ancient forum software first and then talk about modernizing the community...
But anyway I digress.
See the problem  is that you can't just have 2 separate versions to download, it isn't as simple as that. The reason why sound modifications of any kind aren't allowed is quite simple, and it is due to the online play. So imagine we are playing, you are using the audiogames legal version and I am using the official download. Now, let's focus on battles, since that's where the issue is most noticeable, though there are a few cases in minigames too. Let's imagine you play normalisation, and your normalisation sound lasts 2 seconds, while mine lasts 5. You will have 3 seconds of a sinchronisation issue during which the game won't be doing anything, and the one with the shorter sound will always think that the game is buggy and doesn't work right. In addition to this, it gets quite annoying if such sound differences add up too much. The only solution is if this was a specific version and then only audiogames download can play against each other, but this is in my opinion already very limitting and is already putting me off downloading it in the first place, knowing that I won't be playing any other user who isn't on this forum. In my opinion too much trouble for little benefit.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector