Trimps Performance issue in Firefox Beta and General Firefox Issues

Hi all,
I'm experiencing computer general slow-down and NVDA slugishness when playing Trimps 5.3.8 with screen reader mode on Firefox latest beta. This does not happen with any version of Chrome with my save imported  and the same options selected for both saves. What's going on, why is this game slugish on Firefox but not Chrome and how can I fix this?
I may also mention that Firefox keeps on giving me the error that it is unable to download and install the update by itself, requiring me to download it manually and install it as normal. Not too bigger deal but it's odd, isn't it? Once again, any suggestions welcome.
Feel free to ask for any more related information.