Re: General fighting game banter

Tekken started that weird trend way back in tekken 5 and just ran with it because I guess people liked to hear the characters speak their native languages, and I think that's fine. But what is weird is when someone speaks english and another guy answers him in Japanese and they go back and forth like they actually understand one another and I think that's a bit over the top. I really like the exchange between hwarang and Jin in tekken 4 and they're having a discussion in a common language that each of them and even those who speak english could understand. That to me is an exchange grounded in reality that I could see happening in our world.

About the cutscenes in doa, I think a lot of reason why it dont make sence to us is because much of it is visual. Still, I feel like when comparing the ones from dimentuon and 5 to those in 6, there is just this drop in quality, because no one really takes the time to explain things. I mean even in dimensions they recognized this and inserted informational popups to give explanations to characters and or why something was happening. Compared to those, the story cutscenes in 6 just felt disjointed and uninteresting, whereas they were at least linear and more informative in the older games. But of course people want to see things happen, not to sit around and listen to people jabber on about whatever, or so they believe, and so good story telling goes out the window. Really, it's just the culture we live in right now.