Re: Sable Alpha is here!–free to download for Public alpha testing!

Hi,

@dragons, as ever a huge thanks for your continued support, I’m really pleased we were able to offer a public release to everyone, its been great to see so many people such as yourself creating projects and having fun with Sable.
@Pates, good suggestions, a couple of others have requested similar. I really like the battle music suggestion and it may be something I try and play around with at some point in the future. regarding enemy battle cries at the start of battle, it’s something we’ve discussed here at ebon Sky Studios in the past, the issue is trying to implement it so it  doesn’t end up sounding clunky. I think its fine if you’ve got say 4 wolves, but if you have 4 completely different enemies  you can’t really have them all play at the same time as it sounds messy, if you have them each separated out so they play individually then it would really drag out the start of a battle, which might get annoying after a while. It’s probably something I’ll have a play around with and if I can come up with an elegant solution which sounds good it’s something we might still see. Regarding your context menu request, I went back over some of the key constants for BGT, I must have just overlooked it before, but there is a key constant for the applications key, so I have changed this in Sable.  So in the final release of Sable you’ll be pleased to know the context menu is now assigned to the applications key. With only a few days left of the public alpha and this being such a small change, it’s probably not worth putting out an update for just this. However, if you are having problems with the right alt key still, drop me an email to i...@ebonskystudios.com and I’ll send you an amended version of Sable which uses the application key. Probably not worth

Paul Lemm

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector