Re: The Synthizer Thread

@33
I'd rather not bring in something in Rust because I'm trying to keep this reasonably self-contained.  I'm also only including things that don't require credit in binary distributions (i.e. zlib, unlicense, etc. But not MIT, BSD, etc).

What I have are the libs in third_party/dr_libs (I think, that path is off memory).  The approach is just to try decoding with all the implemented decoders and see what doesn't error,.  Their libs actually do properly detect format, but it's unfortunately a limited selection, and even more unfortunately stb_vorbis isn't by the same person and is...let's go with not ideal.

A mime sniffer might be a worthwhile project for you to do, because I don't remember ever finding a good implementation of the HTML mime sniffing specification that isn't "and then we tore this chunk of code out of Chrome".  that said I didn't ever look hard, so don't take my word that this doesn't exist.  I don't think it's needed for Synthizer now and I'm not seeing a need for it in anything resembling the near-term future, but it might be whenever I add optional support for dynamically loading ffmpeg/libav depending on the interface of those libraries.

In general my philosophy on this topic is: this is for games, if you are a game dev you can convert your files to wav/mp3/ogg/flac and probably already have them in one of those formats anyway, anything else for media loading is a nice to have save for eventually ambisonics way down the road when I have the time to play with machine learning libraries to try to generate ambisonic decoding coefficients (yes, really, it is *that* involved, the people who have them something something patent IP noncommercial use only legalese).