Re: The 2020 NVDA user satisfaction survey is here!

I kinda agree, but I think part of it is do to the fact that they don't need to ask as many obvious questions now that they have the option to send feedback built in to the first time startup process.
Also, they've always been able to gather data on how many people download each version from the site, how many people are updating, which add-ons are the most popular, which issues on the github page get the most attention, how many people are donating and what the average amount is ETC.

Obviously, getting a wider dataset would be good though, so I think they should have at least included a question specifically about if you've updated to 2019.3+ and why not if you haven't.
Also, the fact that they didn't take feedback from the preexisting data and create a list of the most common things people want for survey participants to choose from if they didn't wish to enter their own answer means that it's going to be much harder to extrapolate solid trends from everyone's written responses.
Speaking of which, I worry that many people won't even write enough to be of much use, because they just want to finish the survey quickly.

Maybe they just didn't feel like they had enough people to sort through the answers from a bigger survey?