Re: When I thought the blind community can't surprise me anymore

@2 and 7, what you say is true, that's why I distanced myself from the blind community for a few years now. I was too tired of the constant bitching about when the next dissability check will come and why isn't this "put here what you want" free for us because we are blind and we need it.
I guess my feelings come from the fact that when I was in school, anything written in braille was like a treasure for us because it was very rare. I still have the novel I received as a token of appreciation from my teachers when I finished secondary school and it was the most amazing thing that could happen to me, I couldn't believe that I could have this book for myself to read whenever I please.
@3 I don't have a problem with it, it just strikes me that this person doesn't do this for the first time and probably not the last. This person could do much more usefull things than destroying it, he or she could donate it for example. I just think that anyone who doesn't respect and appreciate the work someone has done for their benefit and decides to destroy it should be called entitled.
Perhaps you got used to everything being served on a plate whenever you demand but for some people there's hard work involved in order to obtain braille materials if they are even available. Even the thought that this person might destroy a book makes me cringe. If you have grown so used to what you have that you can't appreciate these things maybe you are the one entitled.