Re: Prometheus back online!

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

I know that a lot of muds have a base mud that they built on top of until eventually it bares little resemblance to its source material. This isnt something exclusive to Prometheus. I know that vast space looked a lot like Prometheus, actually the other way around. Cyber assault literally has the same death string as alter aeon, and I'm sure there are tons more examples out there. An example of a stock mud might be coffee mud. This leads me to conclude that this whole fuss about Prometheus being a clone is a heap of hot air as there are a lot of "clone" muds out there that have taken on their own identity thanks to the people who, you know, actually put an effort to write out 500 room descriptions and tweak things under the hood so that it has it's own mechanics and the like. Muds and moos aren't your average audiogame.

The difference between Cyber Assault and Prometheus is that Cyber Assault was built off of TBAMUD, a codebase that was willingly distributed publicly. Cosmos was distributed against the developer's wishes, and continues to be used to create mediocre clones of Miriani without actually changing much in the database. Also I don't buy your argument regarding MUDs/MOOs not being like the average audiogame at all. It's still a game that should be subjected to the same rules and criteria that everything else here falls under. There are plenty of cores and bases to build MUDs off of (legally), this isn't one of them.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shane via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector