Re: Space wave race has been released.

So, here is more or less my opinions about the game after playing it as faras I am able.

First off I really like the concept but I think it needs flushed out.

Dark wrote:

I did manage to finish the eleventh silver race when I bumped the difficulty down to really easy, but I can't complete the twelth, and what is worse, I am not entirely sure what I am doing wrong, other than with those stupid double asteroids.

I've noticed the trick with those is to move to one side of the board or the other when the double asteroids are incoming i.e. don't stay in the center, pick a side instead. For example let's say I pick the left side. Stay on the left side until the asteroids are close enough to hear. If no collision alarm sounds, you are of course clear. If one does sound, though, move to the right. If it still is sounding, move to the right again and you should be good. If you have quick reflexes you should be able to handle even the worst cases at full speed, without any mishap.

This morning I discovered you can practice single tracks in single race mode which is a godsend imho. Despite this though, I'm simply unable to beat that goni race. I've done it with a perfect start. I can run through it without a single crash and holding top speed the whole time, of course not counting the initial acceleration. I've tried with all ships. The fastest time which I think you can physically clock on that track is 2:52. And it's simply not fast enough.

I've noticed that enemies seem to freeze you in place; I can't verify this visually but if you take too long to kill them, you won't complete the race as quickly. I don't think there's a quick way to kill enemies. Speed doesn't seem to make a difference, you just make your way into their lane and fire when you hear the long beep.

Another topic I should touch on is endless mode. First of all I don't know why announcements such as "incoming asteroid," "incoming enemy" and curves aren't being announced. It's kinda cool actually, but a bit unexpected. I also like the idea of endless mode, but it feels very unbalanced.

The idea of it is that things approach faster as you make your way down the track. But they do so at an uneven rate. The curves stay fairly easy and only get harder gradually, and the enemies don't seem to change at all from what I can tell, but the asteroids pick up speed far too quickly. After a minute or so, they're too fast to avoid at top speed anyway.

For a while, it's kinda fun putting on the breaks when an asteroid is coming, but the fun factor kinda wears off when you realize that 1, there's no real incentive to max your speed out, so you could just move slowly all the time, and 2, your range of speed is far too wide and it just makes the whole thing boring. Eventually you'll get to a point where the asteroid pace maxes out, but you can still crawl along the track at a snail's pace and easily avoid anything that comes for you. Once you get to that point there's really no reason to play it.

So there's got to be something else to equalize this. Maybe markers on the track at set intervals, and if you took too long to hit the next marker, you'd be out of the race? Hmm, I like that. I could overlook all of my balance issues with endless mode if something like that was in it. Come to think of it, they wouldn't actually be issues then; they'd just make you care about your ship stats more i.e. Asteroids are clearly dangerous at high speed so you have to slow down when one is near, so you'd want a ship that can accelerate quickly to reach the next checkpoint in time.

But yeah, really hoping Goni can be beaten somehow. Or maybe the balancing is flawed and we just need to wait on an update.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector