Re: Using Slang is Homophobic now?

One day we are going to be very limited in the vocabulary that we can use, because people who adhere to a specific standard will claim much of it for themselves and defend it zealously while holding those who use the vocabulary responsible for a crime they did not intend to commit. Now I know that there are racial slurs that have been used before that should absolutely not be thrown around anymore, especially by those of whom they concern, but there is a difference here, and the difference is the default and longstanding definition of the term. But if we let ourselves associate negative connotations to every innocent word out there, that connotation has a tendency to stick around and twist and distort the meaning of things said. Thus, it is generally a good idea to avoid that scenario.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector