Re: Clipboard Game, paste whatever is on you're clipboard.

Whenever I can shove things into ints, I shove things into ints. Can all the major plot-points be represented in 32 bits or less? Most of the time, yes. Most of the time, I can fit plot into 16 bits, but RPGs are getting way more complicated by default, these days. For EC, I was using int64 for this. If you had something like BK3, with over 100 levels, then lazily creating one big int and doing everything as bits isn't going to work, and you actually have to listen to Camlorn.
I went and looked up the previously-mentioned RPG after posting. I used char constants to identify everything, without actually making constants. Instead, I had names arrays (JS arrays basically being dicts back then), and added entries for every single item, skill, etc. If you look at my notes on games that never went anywhere, from around that time, you'll find lots and lots of lists like this, where I tried to think of everything I'd need to include, assigned it an ID, or went through the possible IDs and tried finding an object to associate with it. This is ... kinda dumb? But it did let me easily save data, because I could already represent just about anything as bytes.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SpiderMan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Patrick via Audiogames-reflector