Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Hi.

in Germany we have general elections every 4 years. Every citisen of the cuntry who is in the legal age for voting can do so.
We have about 4 to 5 partys which are top candidates for the next governing cycle, we have the left (die Linke), the conservatives (CDU and their sister party the CSU) the green party (Bündniss 90 die grünen), the right (AFD) and the social party (SPD).

After elections are done and the votes are counted, partys then receive a number of seats in the Bundestag, depending on how many votes they have.
After that, partys decide on who will be cooperating with whom the next 4 years, the governing coolition has to hold the majority in the Bundestag, mostly we have the CDU and SPD cooperating, but in the last the green party and the AFD got into the fray, one can just hope that the AFD never gets into a governing parliament.

We also have a bunch of minority partys, but they are mostly not important and don't receive any sort of news coverage or anything else.

Greetings Moritz.