Re: N A Soft is pleased to announce a new version of Tube Sim, v1.1

Hi.
I would agree that TTS would make things quicker and easier to translate, however, personally I feel that having real voices for a game increases the engagement and user enjoyment.
I listen to A TTS all day at work, for me, if I’m playing then I would prefer a real voice. Particularly if interacting with what is meant to be a real person.
So, for example, the train systems could be TTS but the radio real recordings, this would be halfway in the middle.

However, In Park Boss, which does have a mix of TTS and recorded voices, I found the TTS to limiting in terms of how I wanted to portray the game. Stylistically I’d like the user to get really immersed into the game, and TTS voices just break the paradigm in my mind.

Not using TTS in Tube Sim was a conscious decision, and one I still feel is write for what I’m trying to achieve with my games.

Doing a recording of TTS and using it like a real voice then gives you the worst mix. You’ve got all the limitations of TTS voices in terms of acting, but none of the benefits such as user preference with regards voice settings like rate.

Just my thoughts.
Nick.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : NickAdamson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : NickAdamson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : NickAdamson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danielpicard via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kruf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kruf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector