Re: Official Sable Contest

Hay all, I know it's a bit late, but Paul Lemm gave me some extra time with Sable as a thank you for finding so many bugs, and we actually got even more bugs ironed out during the completion of this demo.
To be clear, all I wanted to do was finish my demo that was supposed to be submitted as part of the Sable contest, and between the time difference of bug reporting/getting results and having to rebuild my project from scratch, what you're going to hear is what I set out to do back then; most restrictions in tact.
I'd asked Paul during the QA testing why we could only have maps that were two levels high, and his response was that it was to cut down on loading times and stress on the Sable engine.
When getting permission to use Sable a bit longer, I was able to make my map as I wanted; not any bigger but just a little higher, and came across more bugs; or rather things in the documentation that could be taken the wrong way, and after some discussion, Paul made it all right, and you'll hear what we came up with in the demo.
Their are lots of big improvements in the works for Sable, yet I'm not exactly sure I can talk about them here yet.
Just rest assured that Sable will be an even richer creation engine once Paul and the Sable team get them all done and the final build out to us.
Before the link to the demo, I'd like to site some music sources.
All of the music; aside from a few jingles; was composed and/or arranged for the Pokémon animé by Shinji Miyazaki.
I used two CDs for this that I bought from amazon.
The first one contains all of the video game music he arranged for the animé, while the second contains his original compositions.
Most of what you'll hear is actually from the second set.

Pocket Monsters Best 1997-2010
https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Monsters- … mp;sr=1-20

Pocket Monsters, 1997-2010, Vol.2
https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Monsters- … D2DF490XSP

Yeah that last link is pretty long, but it'll work as long as you paste the entire thing into your browser, or just click it.
Now, the all-important demo download link.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi … 9342326760
Enjoy...
Later!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector