Re: monthly chat june 2020

Again, most of the hard sf I've read has been the classic sort that deals with actual biology and physics more than specific computer tech, though if you really want a book that shows how advanced computer tech could go in a way similar to what we have now, even as far as hacker culture, try this alien shore by Celia friendman. The plot is rather slow, and one of the main characters rather damselly , but the world is quite fascinating see My review of it here.

The UK government have announced at the moment that shops can begin opening this week, but it seems waaaaay too early and is I think a decision more motivated by various share holders complaining that they're slightly less rich than they should be, rather than concern for the public, quite aside from the fact that  protest marches, sympathetic though I am to the reasons why, don't exactly seem like a good idea right now.

So my lady and I are probably going to stick with lockdown until at least July to be safe, since the last thing we'd want at the moment is for her to recover from cancer only to get covid 19.

Besides, I still have lots more game of thrones to do big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dino via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector