Re: Searching for a portable binaural recording system

Yeah, mine are actually specifically in-ear mics. They fit in your ears kind of weirdly. There's a little ... well, it looks like a rubber clip but that isn't what it is, just above the ear-bud looking part. You lay the microphone at the entrance to your ear canal, and then the rubber clip part tucks into the folds just above your ear canal to hold it in place. They come with windscreens that make them a lot bigger, this is actually the only way I know of to get them to stay in your ears. As for impairing hearing, just a little bit, and mostly because of the windscreens. I can still navigate just fine with them in, and hear everything that's going on around me. They're made specifically not to hamper hearing, so that you can still hear whatever you're recording. They are a little touchy though with loud recordings. For example, I had the olympus set to quick mode, which means it tries to auto-gain for you, when I was recording my baptism ceremony. Most of it picked up well, but tue music was loud enough that it distorted a bit. So for some recordings it's probably best to set the gain yourself, but that might apply to the built in microphones or any other microphones you're using. Not sure if it was these specific microphones or not, since I'm not any kind of a sound engineer.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : paddy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector