Re: playing guitar, any tips?

Kamochek, I am a guitar player and have been for almost 30 years. I might be able to help you although via the forum is going to be limited since that sort of thing really requires one on one help. My suggestion is to try and find a guitar teacher/instructor in your area as you are going to need some one on one time with an experienced player to learn the ins and outs of the guitar since you can't look at books, see pictures of fingering, read tablature and so on.

May I ask what is quarta, quinta, sexta, tertsa and so on. By context those are chords, but you must be using a different language. In English the common chords for any instrument are A-Major through G-Major and A-Minor through G-Minor. Plus there are a number of specialty chords for certain types of music such as sevenths and ninths which I have only encountered in Jazz and some classical music, but are rarely used in rock and country music.
As Luke says guitar playing and piano playing are fairly differ ent experiences. Yes, I play both, and there are some differences to get use to. One big one is that the guitar is tuned to the key of E and the piano is tuned to the key of C. Plus as Luke mentioned their handling is different.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector