Converting audible books to mp3

Hi,
I recently started using audible and have gotten a few books from them,however the .aa format is beeing a pain in the; yeah.
Since I can't load the books to my mp3 player and play them. I'd use my iphone,but since I have the 16gb moddle,and prefer not to sink it too often with itunes as that seem to increase the size of the other storage by a lot.
so,the question is how can this be done? converting ".aa" format to mp3 in a way which doesn't result in me loseing audio.
I tryed a few things which I found by a quick google search on this topic, mainly Tunebites but it screwed up my sound drivers and jaws and anything else at all wouldn't speak at all when the process was started.
Any suggestions slash information on this would be really great.
grryf