Re: Open-source complete game in BGT

Maybe I was a bit confusing. I'm not talking about some sort of generic side scroller framework which was intended from the start to be used by everybody and his dog to create side scrollers. Using the example of a side scroller, what I think would be cool is one that is fleshed out, developed, tested, and playable and enjoyable as a game in its own right, but for which the source code is included or available. Text adventures used to do that a lot, especially in the early days of the modern IF era. Granted, there were some short example games, but a few full-length games had their source code released, though not many. It's always fun to take one of these and see how this or that was done.