Re: Who agrees that redspot should be back

That's exactly what I mean @175 and @176. You claim to have played oh so many shooters back when you were still sighted, you claim to know exactly why they are fps games and why rs isn't, you say that you're tired of talking about it because we just won't get it. Of course we won't fucking get it if you don't explain yourself. Instead of going on and on about your mainstream gaming experience, and still! comparing swamp to rs when I've already outlined that swamp's and rs's movement systems work the very same way minus the z coordinate, how about you tell me why! rs isn't what we say it is?
Here, I'll make it super easy for you. This is the definition for the genre that's shown on the wikipedia article about first person shooters. This was taken from an article rated as "good" so it is far more trustworthy than many other wikipedia articles.
First-person shooters are a type of shooter game, featuring a first-person point of view with which the player sees the action through the eyes of the player character. They are unlike third-person shooters, in which the player can see (usually from behind) the character they are controlling. The primary design element is combat, mainly involving firearms.
Now, let's compare this to rs shall we!
shooter? Check. The player sees the action through the eyes (Ears in rs's case) of the player? Check. No 3rd person perspective? Check. Combat and ranged weaponry as the primary design element? Check.
Where, in this aentire definition, does it say that things like coordinate grids to keep track of where the player is make a game not an fps anymore? And where the fucking fuck god damn it is this different from swamp! I could run the entire same checks I did with rs through Swamp and I'd get the same result in all categories. Now either give me a plausible reason why I've been wrong and you've been right all this time, or stop acting like little kids that can't admit when an argument has run its course and get out of here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector