Re: Lol Youtube commenters need to get a life

I've more or less the same experience as Dark in many regards; even in recent times it still applies.  I've been messing around with Bloodstorm over the past couple of days, as anyone who plays it will know.  For those of you who haven't played, it's a sidescroller where you go and er, smash other players to bits.  Literally it's you against the person or persons, on the other end of the connection.  I'm not sure who had the idea that, even inside the safe zone, as it were, there should be stuff to do that could help you sort of get a feel for the game's mechanics, but there is.  It's sort of a map all on its own where you can go kill wild animals.  ON this map, you cannot hurt other players, and other players cannot hurt you.
Anyway, after more or less two days of learning I decided to leave the safe zone and put what I'd learned to the test, along with some strategy of my own.  I honestly thought that my hearing would seriously handicap me against other players on the map, but as it turned out?  I actually did surprisingly well, to the point that I had an admin on the main map trying to beat me and dying at my hands in the process, for at least 5 minutes of me dodging everything from punches to cannons.  I honestly hadn't had so much fun where gaming was concerned in a super, super long time.
All of that to say this; there may be a load of people who disagree with how a game is played by others.  When I first refused to leave the safe zone because I was trying to feel out the game's mechanics I thought I was going to receive a ton of negative criticism for my choice.  Regardless, nothing is worse than being thrown off the deep end of a pool and being expected to swim if you don't know how.  When I first started playing Mortal Kombat there was no training mode encorporated into the games; I'm not sure when MK developers decided to make that a thing but noticed it for the first time in deception.  Up until then, I'd secretly try to get in some time before I actually played against other people, by setting up two player matches and leaving the second controler mostly unatended.
I look at cheats in much the same way.  The games I cheated in most were the games I was least able to play; Goldeneye for n64, for example.  It gave me a chance to experience the game's mechanics.