how does this work, and what do you recomend?

Ok, hello everyone.
So, i'm trying to make a sound play, but play in a way that when you move, the sound moves with you, not just plays the hole sound at one tile and then once ou move, it just goes away, and others wouldn't be able to hear the sound you caused if they were coming towards you, say reloading but you wouldn't know because even if you got close enough, the sound would be in another area. How would be the best way to do this?
now, for the bigger part of this topic.
So, a friend of mine who is sighted wants to help me code audio games for you lovely folks on the interwebs. He says that I should move away from bgt, and i've been thinking about this for awhile. I wanted to try and find something that is kind of close to BGT in how code seperation or identification works, either with the braces/brackets, same way to comment (same in most places) things like that that would make the transition easier to deal with. Does anyone here have any suggestions? for simplicity and less learning curve but still simple/easy to use and better than bgt, whould you go more towards one of these three. c/c++ (wichever is recomended), Java, or python. I've heard praises about python but the differences of how code is seperated, and the huge cintax differences i've seen in open source things i've seen for it in audiogame wise, has been a lot different, and i'm not really good at learning form manuals or online articles unless its simple things like how to do something in a program, or how to fix an error i'm having, you know? The smaller things, not entire coding languages that can do so much. I learn better from open sourced projects, but just how they look and the indentation that would drive me up the wall with indention tones and constantly knowing how other people indent things when i don't want to would drive me crazy, and that would be a lot of turning on and off of the same setting over and over again that I wouldn't be a big fan, and I don't want to try something taht i kind of already know i'm not a big fan of, but if its really so high praised over the other two, i'll give it a shot. Please, give suggestions on the 2nd question, and please give an answer to the top question of this post as soon as you can, as this has bugged me. I've seen others do it, i just don't know how.