Re: don't forget to drink more water than soda/sugary drinks.

I drink at least two litters of water a day... one and a half of them is because of exercise and the rather warm weather I am in now, rest is from food and juices that I eat the rest of the day. I loved dr. pepper when I was in the States, but I guess one sip of that right now and it will make me spin.
Also, I find lemon water really refreshing so that satisfies most of my thirst. I rarely drink soda nowadays, but remember that foods do also contain water, like fruits, veggies, and even animals and so on. You also use water to cook pasta and rice, so that's also viable haha.
You can also get used to consume less sugar in drinks by putting a little less each time, or by dumbing down drinks with regular water, or say, put some greek yogurt and mix it with the regular sweetened one and so on. Little by little, gradually and it will work.
Next time you are reaching for a triple chocolate cookie, imagine (or even try instead) to eat three of the big sized spoons of plain sugar and that will calm you for sure.
Stuff i need to work on_? three more pull ups and I could do all 10 in a row!