how to deal with noise at school?

this has been a pretty pressing concern for me in the past few weeks because, well I just don't have the mental capacity to deal with it. I've tried noise cancelling headphones, but still it's too loud, and going out of the classroom can work for until it's possible to find an alternative. Seriously, it doesn't help that I'm blind, do I really need to leave the friggin classroom?
I feel like it's not the other student's fault though and it's mine for not being able to deal with it, but keeping on "turning up the volume" is gonna get damaging pretty fast.
Any strategies which helped you guys to cope with loud noise in school/work environments?