Problems accessing register.php

hello,
A friend of mine, also from Spain, recently tried to register on the forums and got an error saying he did not have permission to access register.php when he tried to click the register link. Is there anything that can be done about this? I've never experienced this before so I can't really tell what's going on behind the scenes.