Re: Popmundo, an accessible web-browser game.

Alter Aeon and Miriani have definitely spoiled at least the blind mudding community. 99% of muds do not have any kind of sound packs, and generally the ones that do have packs, have been created by the players, not the developers.

Having said that, it is entirely possible for browser games to have sound as well. They're just as rare as muds with sound and often times, just like with muds, the sound isn't very high quality, but they do exist. Advanced Fallen Worlds has music during games, and a game that no longer exists, Duels, had combat sounds during the battles. There's a browser based game called Curse of Backdraft that also has sounds for various things. It's all possible, just depends on how much effort the developer, and in the case of most muds, the players, are willing to put into the game.

Anyway, sorry for dragging this a bit off topic, just wanted to say you shouldn't really make a strong judgment one way or the other just based on the way the game is played.

As for Popomundo, I've tried it a couple of times and never really got anywhere. I don't think real life simulations are much my thing. Even back when I was playing games almost non-stop, I basically just wanted to be a hermit and play, I wasn't interested in much social contact either on or off game, unless alcohol was involved. Now that I've become a christian and my life is starting to pick up some, I'm finding that I don't really have time to even play games, what with all my bible studies and the new friends I'm making, much less simulate real life, haha. But I know a lot of people like this game, so I'm glad it finally got posted here. The way I see it, if even one person gets enjoyment out of it, then your post has been helpful.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bucklee12 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bucklee12 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector