Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Bookrage, you do make some good points as well. However, it is the idea of it. When the New England Journal of Medicine has clearly stated they are not ineffective, or have very little effect in actually keeping this thing from spreading, I tend to take that seriously. Now, here in Pennsylvania, we just heard that our joke of a governor is thinking of leveling sanctions against three of the counties where cases have gone up. That was from one of our main news outlets, and my wife and I saw this just yesterday afternoon. This being the case, no one will convince me that this is anything other than a move to control people. these masks are for the sick, not the healthy. Also, there are some other things to consider when you are wearing those things. If you're dealing with someone who is deaf, how are they to read your lips with the mask in their way? Yes, I know their is sign language, but you can't assume that all deaf people, or all others for that matter, would know it. Also, there is the classic case of someone not understanding you when your in an area with more activity going on around you. My wife went grocery shopping, and tried the mask experience just to satisfy the person she was with at the time, and she had to repeat something she had said to a store worker no fewer than three times. She then just removed the mask, and all went well. Also, how in the world are we going to expect kids to keep these things on all day through school? that's not healthy, and it makes no sense.
As for doing concerts on the internet, I had considered that, but where's the money going to come from. The only way I can collect it is via PayPal or another solution like it, but there are still a great deal of people who are not comfortable using services like that, not too mention that in order to receive PayPal payments, the person sending has to have a PayPal account if I understand things correctly. I could be wrong on that though. And then, how do you book these things? Also, how does a blind person rig up video for something like that when there is no sighted assistance due to fear of this stupid virus? There is no way that the death-rates are going to be as bad as the experts say, I don't by it for a second. If I'm wrong, then I'll admit it. However, we can't continue to live under these regulations. the numbers tell a much different story, showing percentages of people infected, and those that have died, to be so small that they are not even worth worrying about. I am sorry for those deaths, but it is not enough to make everyone put their lives on hold in go into a state of blind fear. Then, there's the other thing to consider. Out of those known cases, which we are too assume are positive, how many are false? I just saw recently in Florida where there were over 33,000 tests that showed positive, but in fact were not. If it happened there, it can happen anywhere in the country or the world for that matter. Again, not trying to be difficult. I'm trying to get people to really think about what their governments are telling them to do. I have taken into consideration the point of view from those that would have me mask up to go outside my home, and all I am asking in return is that people promoting that fear-driven notion please take into consideration the other side of that argument as well.