Re: please ban me

Okay folks. I can't say that I know exactly what he is going through, but I know how hard it can be to stay away from websites, especially if you know that you have to stay away from them. I know that his problem might not be the same, but to give what I just said a bit of context, I have to tell you all about a bit of my past, so bare with me, I have struggled for a number of years now with a pornography addiction. as I said, I know how hard it is to stay away from certain websites, in my case YouTube, and a few others I can't and won't name here. Every day I told myself that I wouldn't go on to these websites, but I found myself doing it anyway. Even an website blocker couldn't stop me from visiting these sites. I would always find a way around it. Luckily, by the grace of God, literally, I am doing a lot better now, and also have taken to blocking my sites with the hosts file. I just make sure to change the open with location in notepad when I am done, lest I get tempted to go and unblock a site. I even went so far as to disable microsoft edge on my laptop. So I don't know what he is going thrugh, but I can identify with one of his struggles. And another thing, I did some other things in my life that I am not proud of and won't go into here, but they hurt a number of people. Time and again I promised to change my behavior but would then do the same things again. Eventually the person I hurt most, who was also the person I loved and still love most, felt like some of you do about this post. She also said that she couldn't trust me anymore because of me continuing to brake my promise to change. The long and short of it is that we didn't speak for several years, but at the end of last year I convinced her to give our friendship another chance, and I thank God for her every day. She has very quickly become one of the most important people in my life.

So who knows, maybe this time Rory really wants to change. Maybe he is trying to fight his battle with a will to win this time. Let's rather support him instead of condemning  him. Another thing you don't know about me is that I am a Christian, so I am a ferm believer in forgiveness. So I say let's help him the best we can instead of judging him on his past actions.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BrendanGriesel1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manny447 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector