how to use tinyspell the program?

I can get the spelling tips to come up with left shift.
It then gives me the list of words, I press enter on one.
It does not insert itself in to the document.
It only removes the word I wrote and puts the correctly spelled word in the clipboard.
I have tried changing the insert replacement checkbox and the copy word checkbox.
they seem to do nothing accept I can stop it from copying on to the clipboard.
Please help.