Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Impressive Jade. Everything you said in that last post is completely wrong. I can't believe you actually used that conspiracy theorist cop-out again. That is a mighty convenient way to dodge the notion that you could be mistaken, and one that the left favors implicitly. As for my family and I getting sick, it's already happened this year. It might have been COVID-19, and it may not have been. It's hard to say because it shares so many symptoms with other common ailments, but the point is that we dealt with it, we stayed home until it was over, and we all recovered perfectly. By the way, you keep bringing up the pandemic of 1918 and how bad it was. You know as well as I do that sanitation back then was nothing like we have now, and I don't remember hearing about the great shut-down of 1918. The same goes with the flu pandemic of 1968. Where was the great shut-down of 1968? Oh that's right, it never happened even though a million people or more died from the flu. I could be wrong, but I think that a million died in the U.S. alone. I am not sure how it affected other nations. Either way, there was no shut-down of all businesses either. We have more cases each new day, but the rate of deaths per day is dropping steadily, and that's good news because we're starting to develop immunity to this. Am I saying that we're out of the woods yet? Hell no, that's not what I am saying at all. However, when you have the CDC even saying that this virus is getting to the point where it will loose it epidemic status here in the United States I think it can be said that we're getting somewhere. I also don't appreciate very much your assertions that it would, or could, be my fault when someone who comes in contact with me gets this virus. How do you know that's how they'd get it? What makes you think they didn't have it already? Statements like that are built on fear and speculation, nothing more. In short, there is nothing to be gained by continuing this. At least I can rest in the knowledge that I never actually tried to force you to do what you didn't think was best for yourself. I've repeatedly stated that if you want to follow the regulations in the name of personally feeling safe that you ought to do it if that works for you. You, on the other hand, have gone out of the way to accuse me of being selfish when I haven't even forced anything upon you. All I have tried to do is inform, but it was seen as selfishness. Again, as I said before, I'd look in that proverbial mirror a bit more closely and see who is actually being selfish here.
This argument is done, I have no problem agreeing with that. However, if it is done, then do as I would like to do and stop trying to force me to follow a regulation I don't feel is necessary by guilt-tripping me, or implying that I am selfish. If I see more of that, I am not going to be silent about it. Just do what you're going to do, and leave it at that. One size does not fit all. That's true with education, and it is especially true with how we deal with this virus. Remember that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector