Re: Headphone Recommendations

I'll also recommend the Sony WH1000XM3, although the XM4 is expected to release sometime this year, so it may be worth waiting for - if nothing else, you could get a pair of the XM3 for cheaper when that happens, although they regularly go on sale these days.

The Bose NC 700 is also great, but I feel it's meant for travel-based usage rather than entertainment purposes (i.e.: sitting at home and enveloped in your own world). Bose has always been known for the grab-and-go appeal of their premium active-noise canceling headphones, so I'd make that distinction if you really want to spend that kind of money on headphones.

The QC 35 II is great, but there are some rumors going around that Bose has throttled ANC performance through firmware updates. Though the NC 700 wasn't released as a replacement for or treated like it was "better" than the QC 35 II, I have encountered several forum posts, articles, and YouTube videos that have discussed this. I don't know the validity of such rumors, but thought I'd put it on your radar.