Re: a code behind the bible

Thomas... I'll respond in more detail tomorrow, but that was an interesting post... and one that I agree on to an extent. At any rate, I'm glad we can discuss these things without tearing each others' throats out... and I hope my posts haven't been too preachy either, and if they have I appologize in retrospect. lol I will say though, I don't think it's always the case that new Christians don't sit down with other religious texts and read through them... even though I've been a christian for the last three years I would still consider myself new to the faith in many ways. Growing up in a home that pretty much had no particular set of religious beliefs other than Buddhism practiced by my Dad's side of the family, I did a lot of research... but what ultimately lead me to faith wasn't an emotional need or logical reckoning. Again, as we've discussed before... this is all objective so there's no real way to explain. But it wa s a personal experience that can't be reasoned out by any of those... the first time I ever felt God pulling me in the right direction was before I even became Christian, so at the time I had no idea what it was, though I have no doubt about it now. As for the bible being a guide, well, the short answer which is all I have the energy to write at the moment is that it's another thing that believers and non-believers will be at a stalemate about for a long time. There's no way for believers to prove its inerrancy and divinely inspired nature to the satisfaction of atheists / agnostics, and no way for the opposing side to convince strong-faithed believers with rational and acceptable proof since that's not all there is to our belief.