Re: soundStrider: Exploration game and relaxation tool

Hi aaron,

For the audio learning screen, that's sort of what I imagined it could be too. I totally understand the utility it would provide. My hesitance to add it is an implementation issue, basically some blocking issues, and fixing them would constitute a major update. Right now I'm outlining my first update of that size and I've noted to make this a part of it.

In general, I love your suggestions for exposing more data to the player. I'm wondering if these features could be rolled into a Status menu. For example, you pause the game, select Status, and then Location or Journal from there.

The Location screen could provide your current coordinates and heading. Most locations are a mixture of several palettes so it might be interesting to drill down into percentages. Other attributes could be listed here too like wind speed and direction.

The Journal screen would only be available in Adventure mode. It'd call out the current quest objective (or the nearest waypoint if a quest hasn't been started). Below that it'd list all of the completed quest objectives and their locations. The way this would work is that completed quests already add nodes to the map, which the game uses to paint the breadcrumb trails between. So it'd be a list of these nodes, where they're located (probably relative coordinates like 100 meters, South), and assign simple names based on the palettes (like Desert Overlook or Stormy Shores).

Something like this seems feasible and would satisfy some of the suggestions @Dark had earlier in the thread. Let me know what you think.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector