Re: Is this really what sighted people think of us?

What amazes me about folks who are totally sighted is that, while the feedback is so great that they receive from vision, they still miss so much that is right there in front of them. I have lost count of how many times I've encountered that, and I think it's just because sight is so heavily relied upon that, at times, the other senses tend to be taken for granted. They'll say things like, "O don't know how I would ever be able to do what you do if I were to lose my sight",. On one level I understand it, but on another I see the other four senses that they are taking for granted and I find myself hoping that they will never have to find out what it is like. With an "I can't do it" attitude, they'd never be able to make it if they lost their sight. I have also met up with several sighted folks who are sincerely and honestly interested in learning how we do things, and by that I mean every day things like use of technology, gaming, household tasks, and other sorts of important things. It is those folks I love talking with about this because they are demonstrating a true interest in finding out and learning something new. Thankfully, most of my conversations with sighted folks have been very productive.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skhye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector