Re: How to make music with out midi keyboard?

HTF did I learn NWC in 2002 without assistance, and nobody else can figure it out with my help? QWS is way more accessible, but given the choice between an events list with all the midi details, and just writing sheet music with read-lag to get around the accessibility problems ...
Anyway, QWS has a virtual keyboard that's semi usable, especially if you can tweak the config to your liking. NWC has nothing of the sort, and the version I use is not so good for modern Windows but the latest version has problems that prevent me from recommending it (mainly that they nerfed the free version). The biggest problem with the old version is that the help file is in an ancient, unsupported format, and I used the help file a lot when learning the program.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding the first two posts, but none of my midis were made with a midi keyboard. ... Or a virtual keyboard, on a count of by the time I've planned the song thoroughly enough, and practiced it enough to get a good recording... I could have written it several times over and tried a variety of modifications. But since most people apparently have rhythm or something...
I know nothing about Reaper. I just use NWC for original music, and QWS when working with pre-existing midis (NWC mangles things with its midi importer, and quite badly, but I still use to use it to learn songs, and just mentally corrected the butchered rhythm).
I do prefer NWC to music ml type generators, on the grounds that I can easily listen while editing, without need to compile or whatever. Maybe I just had more patience for learning software back then.
I'm on my phone, so can't actually check what's in this, but if it's what I think it is (a bunch of midis I sent someone as a demo), then these are all made in NWC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h97dF … opD2Z_wYC2
Ugh, someone teach me how to make NVDA addons so I can fix the NWC accessibility problems. It should be trivial. At the absolute worst, it'd just append shift+left, ctrl+c, shift+right, nvda+c to everything, but that's really dumb and would mess up in literal edge cases and ruin the clipboard. But the way the clipboard thing works suggests that both NVDA addons and Jaws scripts should have other ways of identifying NWC notation.

I don't like this post. What should I replace it with?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Karlitos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector