Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

Okay,
Let me take it to this direction.
Somehow, your sense of touch have to be taken away for some unpreventable reason. Now, you live next 30 to 40 years without your sense of touch, and you adapt and  enjoy your life. What if something comes out and promises to restore your sense of touch as it was after those 40 happy years.
Will you take back that sense of touch?
Probably most of you will say that you will take back the sense of touch. This might be because you know how nice and useful sense of touch can be. And yes, even sense of touch is constantly bombarded with various inputs, the touch of your clothes against your body, the sense of hot and cold, sense of wind rushing by your skinn, all of these things happen constantly throughout the day. It's just that we are trained at handling it, or more appropriately, our mind is trained naturally to handle it.
In another case, let's say that there's a way to get infrared vision to you somehow, and what will be the responce then. Because we don't have that sense, and we know how useful that can be, I think majority of you will choose to have it.
Now, why so much confusion over sight. Just like we adapted to being blind, we will adapt to being sighted. I am sure that that would be far more pleasurable and exciting journey.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector